Roleplaying Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplaying Adventures

Come here to experience the magic of text roleplaying.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drop some hard, peer-reviewed motherfuckin’ science on his ass.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Maybell hadn't been sure what to expect, but she hadn't expected it to talk and she especially hadn't expected the motion to be so realistic, though she currently made no effort in reading her lips since she wasn't sure if it would work. After a few minutes, she finally remembered how to talk, turning to face David "Okay, are you a super genius like Tony Stark or something or am I just an idiot?" Her glance made it's way to Kate again "I.. how?"

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

David looked up and, for once, stood up, walking over and taking Kate from PJ, whom took David's place in the seat. David smiled slightly, sheepishly, a bit embarrassed and flattered at being compared to Tony Stark. "I'd like to think I'm a super genius...she has some magic to her, though, which is what makes her talk so lively. I couldn't get her to move that well naturally, so I had to."
Her emoticons changed to ': )' from being held so still and actually lovingly by her creator, and then to ':O's upon noticing Maybell's presence. "Hello, ma'am!" she greeted her enthusiastically, so glad to make a new friend!

"Well, it's still super cool that you were able to build her. I can't even get a castle of cards to stand up and you do stuff like that?" Maybell, in her ever enthusiastic and energetic nature, grinned, practically bubbling over with excitement at how cool this was as she looked at Kate. She let out a small gasp of shock, seemingly surprised that she could read Kate's lips so easily, and gave a small wave to the robot. "Hey!"

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

David looked down and shuffled his feet with a timid, "Thanks."
PJ watched silently, smiling at how much Maybell seemed to enjoy Kate. He thought the same about her, too. "What is your name? You speak funny," Kate said, happily but also plainly. "That's rude," said David, bonking her on the head with his fist lightly as punishment. "She's deaf."
"Deaf...?" No one had taught Kate that word yet, apparently. Not even 'Dad'.

Maybell's smile didn't even lessen, she had heard worse and for some reason she didn't think Kate had meant anything by it. She had started to reply, but her eyes flickered towards David's face, instead of being transfixed on the cute robot, when he lightly hit her. "It's fine, I've had worse comments." With that said, her gaze went back to the robot head almost immediately. "I talk like this because I can't hear anything, Kate." Maybell explained, still chipper "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you. My name is Maybell."

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

A pair of ': D' lit up. "Oh! How come? A virus? Viruses are scary and I don't like them. Hi, Maybell! Nice to meet you!" The artificial girl seemed really glad to meet her. David shrugged, having not been sure what Maybell had or had not...heard...about herself, and went to sit down next to her, holding up Kate's head so they could continue their conversation as he worked on the iPad with one hand. PJ had gotten into the movie, actually, hugging his knees and rocking back and forth lightly as he usually did when focused.

(omg, when did you post? It didn't even show up until just now)

"You could.. maybe compare.. a factor.. to a virus?" She said, unsure how to explain it. After a minute, she decided to avoid the medical words she had memorized for explaining and instead went with what she told kids, because if anything Kate's curiosity seemed similar to that of a child's to Maybell. "Um, well. When I was a kid I got really sick and there were some.. complications when the doctors tried to help me." But she didn't like thinking about losing her hearing, it had been an accident anyways. So she shook her head and moved on "It's nice to meet you too! You're Kate, right?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum