Roleplaying Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplaying Adventures

Come here to experience the magic of text roleplaying.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drop some hard, peer-reviewed motherfuckin’ science on his ass.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

COMMONS ROOM
23:27
"Okay, so, if the world were made of ice cream, what flavor would you prefer it to be?" A drowsy PJ asked his friend, leaning against his shoulder in a laying position one of of the very pleasantly cushioned sofas, whilst he lazily and haphazardly kicked softly at the pot of a decorative plant. Meanwhile, the friend who acted as his cushion, David, tick-tacked away at the keyboard on the screen of an iPad. He looked up from his work at the question and looked down over his shoulder at the messy brown mop that was PJ's hair, and considered it. "Uh... what?"
"If the world was ice cream, what flavor would it be?" PJ repeated.
"...wouldn't that totally destroy basically all ecosystems?"
"Damn, you're, like, zero fun."

Maybell paused, readjusting the volume on her hearing aids as if they actually helped (which they didn't), before pushing open the door to the commons. She carried both homework she needed to finish as well as a liter of soda and her copy of Deafula. She'd have watched the movie in her room, but her mother had confiscated the DVD player her father had given her which was kind of really annoying.

She had figured the commons would be empty at this time of night and so she jumped upon noticing the other two, which she hadn't done until she was halfway to the TV.
"Sorry!" Whether she was apologizing for not realizing they were there or something else entirely wasn't particularly clear, but she apologized none the less.

(but yeah deafula is a legit movie)

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

Both boys looked up, considered her apology for a moment, shared a glance, then looked back at her. David offered her a 'I don't care/it's okay' sort of shrug then went right back to his tablet. On the other hand, PJ waved at her with a grin on his face, sitting up and leaning against his friend. "Hi! Uh, you're okay. No need to apologize, heheh! Need help with all that?" He pointed to all the stuff she carried in her arms.

((Damn, that's cool.))

Maybell smiled, relaxing slightly and nodding "Yeah, I'd really appreciate it, actually.." Having her hands full sucked, she felt partially mute without being able to sign while she talked. She had attempted to shift everything into one arm, but she wasn't strong enough for that and she nearly dropped her Sunkist, so she decided against attempting that.

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

PJ got up with a forceful grunt and came over to tower of her, taking the Sunkist and papers of homework out of her arms into his for her. "There we go! Mm, Sunkist. Where are you taking this stuff, eh?"
"I'm assuming," butted in David, looking up from his work, "she was planning on watching her movie here?"
"Oh! Uh, yeah, makes sense." PJ turned back to Maybell. "You going to watch that here, yeah? We can go if it's...like, uh--"
"PJ, do you really think she'd be watching something not safe for work?"
"N-no, I just, I just, I got this weird train of thought, and, you gotta, like--"
David dropped the black cover over his iPad and sat back, crossing his arms and considering Maybell. He looked exasperated. "What's the DVD?"

((This is a really weird post. Sorry. I was trying to force myself to write a lot.))

Maybell was about to thank PJ and reply, but David had started saying something. She wasn't given much time to register what was said, because no both boys were talking and it was very clear she no longer had any grasp on what was happening. Maybell considered asking them to repeat the entirety of what just happened, but at the very least she got the last question and went ahead with answering that.
"It's Deafula. It's this really good ASL horror movie, even comes with a voice-over for Hearies." She flinched slightly upon saying Hearies, remembering that most people she knew who used the term used it negatively. Which was stupid, she didn't personally see anything wrong with hearing people, even if a lot of them were douches. She was just really used to it being used.

(If you don't have as much to say, don't worry. Just get out what you can, I just get carried away sometimes)

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

David raised an eyebrow and gestured with a hand, in a 'I rest my case' sort of fashion. Afterwards, he said, "Sounds delightful, Maybell."
"Yeah!" PJ added, recovering from that social stumble just then. "Can we watch?" Neither of them said anything about 'hearies', not even giving much thought. PJ had never heard it before and thought it was a cute nickname she had for people who could hear, while David didn't continue his train of thought about it because he was already back to be engrossed in his work.

((But I've kinda been trying to type as much as possible, like, as practice for writing?))

"It's great, if you like horror I mean." Maybell said, hands still gesturing even though she realized it wasn't helping in anyways. "Of course you can, company is always welcome." As she realized neither knew how Hearies was used, or missed it, she relaxed again. Them knowing would have been kind of insulting.

(Allrightie then :3 )

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

"I love horror," David mumbled from his work, which PJ repeated for Maybell and pointed to him to make it clear he said it. "I'm not too fond of being scared out of my wits," PJ admitted sheepishly, "but it sounds like it would be cool to watch, so I'd love to!" He came over to the couch beside the one David sat at--the one in front of the television--and set down Maybell's homework and Sunkist on the seat for her. He turned back to her again, smiled, and gestured to the TV.

"Well, it's not all too scary by todays standards... and you two might find some of the faces... silly." She explained, not turning to put the disk in until she had finished speaking. It wasn't until she found the remote for the DVD player and made her way towards where PJ had placed her things that she even considered elaborating.

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

"Silly?" PJ repeated quietly, raising his eyebrows questioningly as he resumed his position resting against David's side in a true bro fashion. David, meanwhile, was long past still listening, and was staring at the ceiling and chewing on his lip as he worked out a problem in his head.

"Um.. since it was originally shot for the Deaf community, they exaggerate a lot.." She paused, thinking as she sat and began looking through her work, trying to find that pesky Mortal History homework. Her mother taught that class, so she find it especially important to finish it. Once she found it, she looked up again. "There's no taking and even if it was, the Deaf community needs things like that to pick up on.. like connotation.. or whatever." She didn't even know if that was the right word, but instead of thinking on it she just hit play. Maybell wasn't particularly good at explanation, especially when speaking allowed. Hearing people used more words to say simple things and it bothered her.

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

"Oh. Well, okay." PJ, always the man of either many, many, many unnecessary words or few to no words at all stayed true to the latter bit. He turned around and lied across David's lap, sitting up his arms on the couch's arms and holding up his chin with his hands in an amusingly feminine fashion. David looked down at the boy laying across him and frowned. "Dude."
"Huh?"
"I... Nothing." He had decided he wasn't even going to try, and instead used PJ's back as a table for his iPad.

Maybell again didn't seem aware that they were still saying much, as once the movie had started she had pulled out her phone and set a reminder to go off in twenty minutes to tell her to do her damn homework since god knew she'd get distracted by the movie. And she did, it didn't even take very long for her to go from pretending she knew anything about the 1920's to staring up at the screen, completely engrossed

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

"Where did you leave Kate's head, PJ?" David asked, looking away from his work and at the boy laying on him.
"Er, what?" PJ, whom had actually been as into the movie as Maybell was, pulled himself away to really consider this odd question.
"Kate's head," David repeated, and the cogs fit together and whirred into motion in PJ's cobwebbed mind.
"Oh!" He exclaimed. "Um, uh, I don't know..."
David sighed, and with an accusing tone grumbled, "PJ--"
"Wait! I, I left her in the hallway somewhere down that way, I know it!" He nodded, sure of himself, turning back to Maybell. "Hey, Maybell--Maybell, Hey--" PJ really called for her like this for an embarrassingly long amount of seconds, getting frustrated even, and when suddenly he realized why this wasn't working he slapped himself across the forehead. Now, reached down into his David's backpack and ripped out a piece of paper from one of his notebooks, balled it up, and tried to get her attention by throwing it at her.

Maybell jumped, dropping the pencil that had been hanging between her fingers uselessly as the notebook slipped out of lap.. It probably didn't help that her reminder had gone off, prematurely vibrating against her leg, at the same time as the ball hit her. She quickly picked the notebook back up before looking towards them. Embarrassed because of what just happened, she spoke "D-D'ya need something?"

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

PJ nodded, his face flushing a bit, embarrassed about making her freak out so much. He should have just gotten his lazy ass up and approached her. But he was so comfortable...
He forced himself to slam back into reality and ask the question of his previous train of thought. "Yeah, a question, actually. Did you pass a girl's head sitting in the hall on your way down here?"
David groaned at PJ's absolutely immaculate choice in words, but continued to work either way.

Maybell stared blankly for a minute, opening her mouth to say something, but closing it again after a moment. She thought, looking down, before finally speaking "I'm sorry I think I missed something. Can you repeat that?" She decided she mis-read his lips, since it made more sense and that did happen more often than she'd like to admit to.

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

"Did you. Pass. A girl's head. Sitting in the hall. On your way here?" PJ repeated, very slowly, with a bright and friendly grin. "Like, I don't know, she's got, what, pink hair? A pair of ridiculous triangle-shaped sunglasses, like ones in an anime or something?"
"They're not ridiculous--" David interrupted defensively. "They're genius."
"Yeah, sure, whatever," PJ brushed him off, rolling his eyes, then smiling at Maybell again. "Did ya?"

She hesitated, glancing between the two "Am I getting involved with a murder here because if I am I'd rather not be helping the murderers." While she was joking, she wasn't sure if it was obvious since she couldn't hear her own voice. "Seriously, though. Care to elaborate?"

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

She sounded so serious with that question that PJ couldn't help but burst out laughing for a good minute, and David even smirked at the remark, shaking his head. PJ explained. "Not a real human. A robot head. She's all metal-y and stuff. And apparently, 'a breath-taking, beautiful masterpiece of machinery', as quote from Mr. Brighting here." He nodded toward David, who, still not looking up, gave a shrug. "She is, though. To me."
"Aw, that's adorable. What a proud father. Anyway, he's building this robot chick and I was supposed to bring her head. I think I left it in the hall. Did you pass her?"

"Okay, that's a lot less creepy." Since she had been joking in the first place, she didn't pause to question whether they were laughing for the right reasons. "I can't say I did.. to be honest if I had I'd be talking to the headmistress instead of sitting here."

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

PJ shrugged and grunted as he shimmied his way into a standing position. "I'll be right back." And with that, he marched to the end of the hall, out the big commons' doors, and disappeared. Only moments later, he returned with the head in his arms. He snorted, saying, "I left her in the bathroom, haha."
"You mean to tell me you left my poor Kate in the men's bathroom?" David looked up to frown at PJ.
"Well, um, yes. Sorry?"
The robot's face didn't seem to be of metal, rather, a foam rubbery substance that replicated skin. Though, her skin was the color of metal, a cool grey. She had a pair of plump, pink lips that looked considerably less real as the rest of her face, apparently a new feature to her. Speaking of, it appeared that her jaw and mouth could move through hinges and wires, perhaps to simulate normal human mouth movements of speech. Her eyes were obviously a pair of small cameras, her irises glowing a light fuchsia color behind a pair of giant triangle-shaped sunglasses, that connected to the sides of her head at her long, fluffy, false pink hair's sides. They seemed to have a screen on them.

As PJ left, Maybell had decided to at least try to do more of her homework while she waited, but after a surprisingly short amount of time passing, he was back in with a literal robot head in her arms and she was left staring blankly again. She should've expected a literal robot head, he had described a robot head. The thing was, this would never fly at Parasnova Institution of Alchemy and she was literally lost at what to say. Instead she remained silent, letting the boys talk on about.. wait what were they saying? She glanced up, having been too busy staring at said Literal Robot Head to pay any attention to what words their lips were forming.

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

"Well, she's safe now, hm?" PJ grinned and balanced Kate's head by her neck between his hands. "Good evening, Kate!" he exclaimed clearly, and the lights in her eyes started glowing brighter slightly, like she had woken up and had become more attentive. With very scarily real, smooth motions, her jaw and lips moved and a robotic but bubbly voice said, "Hi, PJ!"
"Heh, she recognizes me still!" the boy jumped with excitement, obviously amazed at the technology that went behind her.
"My head...hurts," she continued, a pair of ': (' emoticons lighting up on her glasses. "Would you hold me more still, please?"
"Oh, hahah, yeah," PJ responded, now trying to make an effort to hold her up still and straight. "Sorry."

Last edited by Intern 2 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum