Roleplaying Adventures

Come here to experience the magic of text roleplaying.


You are not connected. Please login or register

A young troll stands in her respiteblock.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A young troll stands in her respiteblock. on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:08 am

Friendly Local Witch

avatar
It just so happens that today, the fifth bilunar perigee of the seventh light season's equinox, is the day of this young troll's larval awakening, also known as her wriggling day. Though it was only a little more than seven sweeps ago that she was given life, it is only today that she will be given a name!
"A little more than seven sweeps," for convenient reference, is equivalent to sixteen Earth years.
Earth, also for convenient reference, is a planet that does not yet exist, nor does it matter to this young troll whether it does or not.
What will the name of this young troll be?

> Enter name.
"ZOMBIFIED DOUCHEBAG"

You know, she's actually kind of fond of that. Describes her pretty well.
But nah.

>Try again.
"TORBEN VIEMOR"

That's the ticket.

Your name is TORBEN VIEMOR. As was previously mentioned, today is your WRIGGLING DAY, which in actuality isn't really all that noteworthy nor exciting. It is an anniversary, if anything, to lament the faulty incongruities of your very existence, which is a mindfuck of shameful hostilities and logic-defying sciences.

Anyway, somewhat related to that latter topic, you have a variety of INTERESTS. First and foremost would be your fascination with ESOTERIC MAD SCIENCES, through which the previous statement connects to the former paragraph. You mostly dabble in CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY, commonly conducting experiments on yourself, or the rotting limbs of your QUASI-SEMI-UNDEAD LUSUS. It's not like she needs them anymore, and hey, you can always slice off replacements from the FREAKY FAUNA that populate the FOREST in which you reside.

If not using these limbs for pursuits of higher knowledge, you may sometimes use their skin and fur to create TAXIDERMY MODELS of things ZOOLOGICALLY DUBIOUS. You're a pretty eccentrically creative youngster, so these models always come out KINDA WEIRD AND CREEPY ARTISTICALLY INTERESTING AND INTELLECTUALLY ENGAGING. One of your many good pals, who is actually your NEIGHBOR, has stated on numerous occasions before that they intimidate and scare her a little. You've never been able to decide if that is a compliment or insult. In fact, you can generally be A BIT SLOW ON THE UPTAKE when it comes to social matters such as that. But you work around it.

Besides, that friend is intimidated by, like, everything anyway.

Speaking of friends, you have A GOOD HANDFUL of those, with whom you like to chat very often, as well as engage in MULTIPLAYER GAMES. You've all been trying out a new chat client beta called TROLLIAN, and you personally are NOT REALLY SURE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT YET. Your trolltag is ghastlyRedivivus and you speak in a manner that is very+casual+almost+to+the+point+of+lackadaisical+bluntness.

Soon, you will play a game with five other friends, and go on a big adventure with them. This game, for convenient reference, is a game that YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT YET.

But you will soon.

2 Re: A young troll stands in her respiteblock. on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:56 am

zombifiedzanie

avatar
>Be Vindex

As it happens, you've managed to go a whole 8 sweeps without being named as well. Unlike the lovely asshole, however, you're wriggling day has long since passed. You don't particularly mind, however. It's always so much more enjoyable when someone else gets the attention, after all.
Naming conventions aren't particularly difficult, I can even begin to think of one simply gazing at this... particularly attired young troll right now. However, this isn't my job. It's yours.

So, tell me. What is his name?

> Enter name.
"RHYMING FUCKBOY"

Uh, nevermind. Perhaps just a bit more effort is required? Go on, try again.

>Try again.
"VINDEX ROSTOS"

Much better, it seems you do understand creativity after all. Bravo. No, really.

Your name is VINDEX ROSTOS. If you'd be so kind as to stop EXAMINING your favorite "MEDICAL EQUIPMENT", as you so like to call it, we could get the ball rolling with the introductions. However, you likely won't right away because you're a prat and, apparently, don't appreciate having your pointy toys made fun of.

Either way, we do have to move on. You have a wide range of INTERESTS. What you consider most important might be MEDICAL PRACTICES and PRESERVATION, because if you can't save them, you'll keep the body! Or, to be more specific, you're less an oh so clever DOCTOR MAN, and more of a BIG NERD. Unfortunately for your friends, you know a quite a bit about these topics and sometimes TALK ON AND ON. And on. Thankfully, you have your palemate to sort you out. What would you do without her?

However, there's more important things to discuss currently. Such as your habit of SINGING and HUMMING while you're working. In fact, you like to think you are quite MUSICALLY GIFTED. You can PLAY PIANO and are attempting to learn GUITAR. However, you always break the keys on your piano and maybe guitars would last longer if you weren't quite so STRONG?

You also consider your friend quite useful in keeping you from... going perhaps right over the edge. However, that's a topic for a later date. Specifically, any date most easily avoided. In fact, while you're quite SOCIAL, you can be quite STOIC and usually avoid STRONG EMOTIONS. Your current excuse is you worry about the outcome.

Mostly, you are a big fat nerd who doesn't like to share his feelings. Your point, surprisingly, is VALID.

However, speaking of social activity and your friend, whose wriggling day it just so happens to be, you've gone all out. However, you don't wish to spoil the SURPRISE, which is a big part of the reason you haven't messaged her on trollian. YOU ARE QUITE THE FAN OF GIVING PEOPLE SPACE, AFTER ALL.

Also, your want to play with THAT TOTALLY LEGIT TOOL more. Anywhoo, your trolltag is melodicMysteries and you speak quite 4 lot, Often spe4king f4r longer Th4n is necess4ry. your 4re quite v4uge, which Irrit4tes m4ny.

That aforementioned surprise is actually something for your whole group of friends, however you really do want to be certain she's seen it before you so much as discuss it.

To be entirely candid, you don't fully realize the extent of the effect the game will have on your lives. But you'll all figure that out soon, now won't you?

But more importantly, you are currently waiting for her, or anyone really, to troll you. Preferably her, but...[/i]


_________________
"I remember being happy. God, we were so young weren't we? When we first came to this shit hole, I mean. If I could, I wish I could... just go back to then, back when I was young enough for neverlands... I wish I could run off to one, but I guess Peter Pan never did exist though..."

"Ash, I gotta say I'm impressed. I didn't realize one blonde could waste so much space in one sitting. You really do learn something new everyday, then."

"I'm going to smash your face into the pavement if you don't stop talking. Levi. Jay, Levs. Asshole. You've got ten seconds to shut up."

3 Re: A young troll stands in her respiteblock. on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:32 am

Friendly Local Witch

avatar
>Be Torben.

Why do you have to clarify that you're Torben? You were only Vindex for a second there. Besides, logically, you never were Vindex, and have always been Torben. People can't just go around being other people, don't cha know. That breaks the laws of... like... everything.

But hey, you know a lot about breaking the laws of 'like, everything.' I mean, just look at yourself. You shouldn't be alive; you kinda aren't alive. And honestly, maybe it would've been better if you never were in the first place.

Though that's a stupid self-piteous thought that only idiot losers entertain. Besides, you've got your moirail to pity you, so you don't have to.

Speaking of that moirail, he's been awfully quiet so far today, hasn't he? Well, you guess he's always silently meandering in the shadows, and it is somewhat early in the evening, but... still. On your Wriggling Day? This is an outage and frankly appalling.

(You're just kidding. You don't really care.)
(Except you sorta do.)
(You're gonna bug him anyway.)

4 Re: A young troll stands in her respiteblock. on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:06 pm

zombifiedzanie

avatar
>Be Vindex.

Hmm, the voice in your head might actually have a point for once. Strange, isn't it? By the way, that reminds me. You really must stop listening to me. It's not healthy. However, I suppose that's not quite so important. You have much more worthy things to do with your time. Like playing with your toys.

Like a grub. Another thing to cut out, I suppose.

Besides your juvenile habits, there's also the matter of your computer. Or more specifically, trollian. It's started beeping at you. Admittedly, you didn't realize what was making the sound at first and might have jumped, but at least you didn't freak out. Unlike someone you know would have. Whatever, she's not here. Or messaging you.

In fact, it's your aforementioned moirail. Finally, you can get down to something really interesting. You were quite bored previously, though you're unlikely to admit that fact. You quickly sit before the electronic, swearing when you sit on the artificial leech. Removing it from underneath you, you get to business.

By which I mean, you hurry to reply to her. Damn you and your lack of actual important business.


_________________
"I remember being happy. God, we were so young weren't we? When we first came to this shit hole, I mean. If I could, I wish I could... just go back to then, back when I was young enough for neverlands... I wish I could run off to one, but I guess Peter Pan never did exist though..."

"Ash, I gotta say I'm impressed. I didn't realize one blonde could waste so much space in one sitting. You really do learn something new everyday, then."

"I'm going to smash your face into the pavement if you don't stop talking. Levi. Jay, Levs. Asshole. You've got ten seconds to shut up."

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum