Roleplaying Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplaying Adventures

Come here to experience the magic of text roleplaying.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Detention

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Detention  Empty Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Brina frowned, still completely oblivious to why she had to be here. For fuck sake, she was just being honest. Wasn't that supposed to be good or something? Either way, she had to go spend the day in detention. Not like she had anything important to do anyways. She pushed open the rather heavy door, pausing to question why it was so much heavier than other doors, and hurriedly made her way to a seat as far away the door as possible since she presumed it was the best way to avoid being near anyone else. She sat slouched down in her seat, slipping something out of her pocket and commencing to play with it. Brina scowled when it was, unsurprisingly, taken away from her for the time being. Now this really did piss her off, she couldn't play the children's game she had taken a strange liking to.

Now gameless, she eyed the professor they had decided to leave in charge. That bastard had just taken her game and she swore if he wasn't careful with it she was so fucking done. He seemed to be reading something and paused to look up at the fwe already there, wondering if he'd even be able to get them to listen for a few minutes

2Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

So, this is what detention was like?
Not as horrible as David thought it to be.
The atmosphere was quiet and disconcerting him, nonetheless. Though, he was only here to work on a project with the help of the professor--whom allowed David to stay as he quite liked the overall tranquil boy. David sat in a desk at the front, pushed forward and to the side so it was parallel to the professor's desk. There he sat, surrounded by papers and a few books. Each item varied in looks; some seemed to be fresh off a printer, whilst others appeared to be quite ancient. The clock's tick and the unsettling feeling of being in a detention made David fairly nervous, for whatever reason. He would glance up and around from time to time to assure himself that no one is approaching, he is perfectly safe, and then return to his writing while occasionally referring to a book or paper. The teacher brought a little electronic game back to his desk that he had taken from a girl David spotted in the back, and it interested him, always the one for technology. He craned his neck to get a look at it, though his face lacked the curious emotion he actually felt. David never really emoted, anyway.

3Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

Stone sauntered into the room, late as usual. He assumed the reason he was here was because he was rude, though he couldn't precisely remember who it was he was being mean to since that was his default behaviour.

He walked towards a seat by the window, taking his time as he walked to look at each bored looking student. He was in a surprisingly good mood considering he was going to have to waste his time here. Perhaps because he knew it was a waste of time and wasn't going to change him in any manner. He sat around the middle of the far row, taking out a pen and tapping it repeatedly on the table, slowly and monotonously and maintaining eye contact with the professor as he did so. Stone wondered how long he could keep this up before either the professor or another student got angry.

4Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

((I see both of you coming on and offline again at intervals without saying anything so I'm assuming we're waiting for me again? :?
I don't understand you people. I'm doing it anyway. Cool))

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.
Oh God, make it stop, please, David groans internally, chancing a glance up to find who the hell is damning him to this torture. It was plain to see that David was livid about this, though through the way he sharpened his gaze as he scanned the room and the way his fist clinched tightly around his pencil, threatening to snap it in half.
Tap. Tap. Tap.
To anyone else, the noise continued normally. Yet to David, it grew in intensity, bubbling loudly in his ears like a war drum. It boomed and bombinated, angering him and terrifying him at once. To him, it grew quicker. To him, it began to come with voices whispering things into his ear that he knew was English, yet just couldn't quite make out. To him, it drove him insane.
Though, really, he already was.
With a sharp motion David slammed his hands down on his desk and stood, shaking with fear and anger.
That is how it happened in his mind's eye, at least. Really, he stood up slowly and calmly, regarding the room with his usual emotionless air. He cleared his throat, fiddled with the collar of his shirt, and walked over to the bookshelf to retrieve something as he writhed on the inside.

5Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:51 pm

(I was just personally having trouble securing a time to be on long enough to post, but if I keep doing it you two can continue on together until I'm on steadily again)

When more a few more people finally entered the room, she had begun wondering if there were any other ways to further herself away from the group. People weren't something she particularly enjoyed, in fact she probably would have just hidden herself away in some far corner of an empty classroom with her game. She was still pissed about it being taken away and it didn't particularly help any when someone felt the need to start tapping their pen. She shot a glare in their direction, but otherwise made no movement or effort in caring, which was about the same as what she did when the professor started to speak, having decided that since none of the less sane students were in the room his job would have to be a lot easier

"The headmaster.." He paused, casting a small irritated glance in Stone's direction "Has decided that this year, for detention we will be doing some sort of community service each week. Some of you," His gaze fell to Brina "Will likely be helping Magic Town a lot this year."

6Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

((Oooh. I see.))

David drew a deep breath, taking a book he actually didn't particularly need, as he had only stood up and walked over there to get out some of his emotions through simple movement. With another deep breath, the sounds began to subside, reducing again to the simple tapping and the voice of the professor, which had brought poor David back down to Earth from his insane high. He returned to his desk, setting the book on top of a small stack that he had accumulated on the teacher's desk, listening to him. Community service?, he thought. Does that mean...
"They're doing that today?" The thought finished itself through words in a question directed to his professor.
And, more importantly, do I have to come?

7Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

Stone stopped tapping his pen at the mention of community service, rolling his eyes. He figured he could use community service as an excuse for not doing assignments, which would be funny because it's not as if they could put him in detention for it and it was technically their own fault. Still, Stone had no intention to actually do anything - he'd likely end up sitting around, watching the others work. He would make some long-winded complaint about the similarities to prisoners if they tried to force him to. He didn't mind working at all - in fact, he could work until he was close to collapsing - but only if he was getting something out of it.
He folded his arms, leaning back in his chair and wondered what 'services' they'd have to do anyway.

8Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:40 pm

The professor sighed, nodding in response to David's question "Apparently so, I was only just informed moments ago." Why the headmaster thought this was a good idea was beyond him, considering taking the students any where near Magic Town was probably a terrible idea. Knowing some of them, meaning most of them, would likely just leave the moment they arrived "If you'd like, you could stay behind. There's no reason you'd have to do this." He looked back down at the paper as he spoke, still completely against this idea

(sorry for short, bad post time for supper)

9Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

David considered it for a moment, looking down at his project. He was done with it, that is, if he didn't want add any extra panache to the essay portion.
He really didn't.
"I'll go, get a snack maybe, I didn't have lunch..." As David spoke his words got quiet and more mumbling. He closed the books in front of them and stacked them on the desk and stood, pulling his papers together neatly.

10Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

Stone raised his eyebrows as he listened to the conversation between the professor and the student in vague interest. It occurred to him that he could probably do whatever he wanted in Magic Town. He barely ever got to go there, so he wanted to better acquaint himself with the area. While he didn't have much money to be spending there, he'd be happy to just wander around. Perhaps 'community service' wouldn't be so bad at all if he could get out of it.

11Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:04 pm

He watched David pack up for amoment, but quickly shifted his attention back to the front of the class "Pack up anything you brought here with you, then come to me for your assignment for the day." He sighed heavily, shaking his head when Brina moved to get her game back "Not the game, Calligen." He waited for her to back away before speaking, which took longer than it should have. "You'll be split into groups of three to complete whatever service I choose to assign to you and you may leave once you have proven it to be completen."

12Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

He was sure to put all of the books he owned and the pages that belonged to him into his little courier bag with care, as to avoid crushing anything already in it. After so, David slung it over his shoulder and stood, pushing the desk back into place and standing attentively next to the desk, craning his neck slightly to curiously peer at the paper with the instructions to make the kids in detention to do community service.

13Detention  Empty Re: Detention Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

Stone stood up, not having brought much with him other than what was in his pockets. He joined the queue forming for the professor, looking bored as he folded his arms once again. He hoped whoever he was with would either do his work or also refuse to do anything.

{welp this is short and crappy I'm sorry!! I'm going to bed now, bye bye! c: }

14Detention  Empty Re: Detention Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:24 pm

The professor separated them into groups, pausing once or twice to once again remove the game from Brina's death grip. Deciding it would be best to get her out of the room and away from the toy, he read down the paper until he found her name "Calligen, looks like you'll be doing work for a pantry, delivering food to people in the poorer part of town."

"Isn't the poorer part of town dangerous?" That would be the first thing Brina had said all day, her voice cracking slightly from lack of use.

"You'll be fine if you mind your own business for once." He shook his head, before looking to see who had been sorted into the group with her "Looks like.." He paused, looking at the name Stone before deciding it must have been a typo and choosing to use his last name "Ruiz is the only one in your group."

15Detention  Empty Re: Detention Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

Stone smiled wryly at Brina, though he thought her name was Callie. He didn't actually mind the task, though since he was being told to do it he'd be more reluctant. He was too stubborn for his own - and others people's - good "Dangerous?" Stone echoed, raising an eyebrow. "That could be seen as a rather offensive statement. Classist." He knew that he was going to end up annoying the hell out of everyone, as he usually did. Most of the time, it wasn't fully intentional, but that's just the effect he tended to have on people.

{I'm assuming it's my go?? sorry for taking so long when I've been online for ages - my brother was standing over my shoulder for hours omg}

16Detention  Empty Re: Detention Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:38 pm

(I'm just going to jump in and post real quick, make it so David will be involved)

Brina gave a small shrug, looking toward him with a rather dull gaze "Well, I can't say I've heard much about muggings elsewhere in Magic Town." She paused a moment, seeming to be thinking about it for a moment "Though, they probably just cover it up better elsewhere." With that said, she turned away and went back to her silence, yawning slightly. The professor had been watching them for a minute and, seeming to have decided he trusted the pair of them the least, didn't have to think all too much before he turned to David again

"Actually, do you think you could accompany these two, just to make sure they don't run off?"

17Detention  Empty Re: Detention Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

David raised his eyebrows slightly. Him?
"Uh, well..." He mumbled a bit, looking down and scratching the back of his neck nervously. Never had he been put into any position of power over anyone. It made him a little uncomfortable.
"...yes, sir. I'll do that." What made him more uncomfortable than being in a position of power was saying 'no' to anyone higher than him. So, of course he said yes. And furthermore, what else did he have to do? And furthermore, furthermore, David was fairly sure that they wouldn't try to kill him or anything.
Right?

18Detention  Empty Re: Detention Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

"Hm, that's likely." Stone folded his arms, wanting to lean against something but knowing that they were going to leave soon anyway; instead he sighed and ran his hands through his hair. He glanced at the person the professor was talking to, looking him up and down. He got the impression that even if they did try to run away, he wouldn't do all that much to stop them. He almost felt bad for him though - the guy wasn't even in detention and he was being sent to supervise them, which Stone didn't think was much better (if at all) than actually being in detention. It was rather clear that the boy didn't really want to go as well.

19Detention  Empty Re: Detention Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Instead of replying, Brina let out a small sigh and seemed to have stopped paying attention to both Stone and the professor, who seemed perfectly oblivious to the fact David didn't want to and gave a small word of thanks before retuning to sorting everyone else into a group. It took a while, but finally everyone was in a group and they were given the addresses of where they were headed and sent on their way. Brina, glancing at the professor to see if he was actually paying attention anymore, grabbed her game and slipped deep into her sweatshirt pocket before looking at the two boys to start leaving.

20Detention  Empty Re: Detention Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

David gave a little sigh, actually looking at the two he was to be, ahem, babysitting. Having to look up at the other male because he himself was a bit of a shorty didn't help much confidence-wise. A quick sweep of his eyes across their faces before he turned apathetically on a heel and marched on out the door, down the hall, out a side door, and down the path to town. David would glance back worriedly every now and then, whether to make sure they were following him or in paranoia because they were following him, he wasn't sure.

21Detention  Empty Re: Detention Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

Stone raised his eyebrows as he watched Brina take her game back, but said nothing. He loosely followed David and was smiling to himself, though he wasn't sure why. He hoped they would prove to be more sociable or interesting when they got there because he didn't particularly want to spend the entire time either bored in total silence or talking, but getting very little response.

22Detention  Empty Re: Detention Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Brina waited a moment before following the two, standing near the door and watching. She seemed to be thinking again, but whatever she had considered saying was forgotten and she followed behind, lagging a bit far behind, but at least she had decided to go the same way. And so she walked behind the two in silence like that for a while until finally, she actually decided to talk

"I forgot the address already." She said, seeming to hope David had remembered it because David had become the perfect person to dump all the responsibilities on.

23Detention  Empty Re: Detention Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Friendly Local Witch

Friendly Local Witch

He sighed at Brina's remark, digging his hand into his pocket and pulling out a piece of lined paper he had ripped out of a notebook. On it, he had scribbled the address of their destination. He held it up pinched between two fingers to show her. "Just follow me," David said, struggling to be loud over the raucousness of other people on the street.

((bad post is bad excuse me ono))

24Detention  Empty Re: Detention Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Big Boss

Big Boss

Upon hearing Brina speak, Stone realised that he also didn't know where they were going, though he also didn't care. He smiled at the back of David, thinking his assumption that he would be organised to be true. "Our saviour," he murmured, not intending it to sound quite as rude and accusatory as it did - pretty much everything Stone said ended up sounding that way. He didn't feel any obligation to rectify this however.

25Detention  Empty Re: Detention Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 pm

(omfg I only just realized it's my turn so fucking sorry guys ;-Wink

"Well, since you told me to, I'm just going to have to rebel and run down a side alley.." She said then grew quieter, attempting to think of something actually rebellious. Yeah, she wasn't creative enough for this coming up with things thing. "Yeah, alleys. That's good enough, I guess." Hearing Stone's comment, she glanced over, seemingly curious about why he was being rude, but shrugged and moved back into her shell yet again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum